Question : Problem: Windows Won't Load After Creating Ghost Image

While using the Symantec GhostCast Server v7.5.0.335, I can image computers using some images that the person in my job before me made with no problem.  However, I attempted to make a new image of one of our machines (XP SP2) and it said it completed fine.  After rebooting though, the machine the image was made from will only get to the screen with the Windows XP logo and loading bar.  After that the screen goes blank and the PC just sits there.  The processor doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.  I left it sit there for 20 minutes before giving up.  I can boot just fine into Safe Mode, so I am not sure what is wrong or if it is even related to Ghost.  Any ideas?  I don't want to try using the new image yet either until I know everything is okay or can be recovered.  Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Windows Won't Load After Creating Ghost Image

Try the repair install of XP.  Boot from the XP CD and then start the install.  It will search for previous installs and should find yours.  Then at that point it will ask do you want to install clean or repair..........choose repair.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us