Question : Problem: Can't Install DPM 2007 Agent on Microsoft Server 2003 (DC)

We have recently purchased a new backup server with DPM 2007.  I have successfully installed the Agent on one of our servers running Server 2003.  this server is not the Domain Controller.  On our other server, it is the exact same server, the only difference is that it is our domain controller.
I am unable to get the agent installed.  I keep getting the standard error 324, and have gone through all those items, with no resolution. One thing that i noticed is that when installing from the DPM server it keeps trying to install it in C:Windows. but if I manually install it on the computer I want to protect it puts it in the normal program files location and seems to install correctly, but then I don't know how to get it in to the DPM on the DPM server.  I have tried everything I can think of and serval things that I did not.:)

Answer : Problem: Can't Install DPM 2007 Agent on Microsoft Server 2003 (DC)

Check your DNS settings in that case. All those xxx.red.com addresses should be listed in DNS.
On your DC, what have you configured as DNS server in the TCP/IP properties of your network card. If you have AD integrated DNS it should be pointing to itself as a DNS server - or to another DC in your domain.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us