Question : Problem: Asus Smartdoctor voltage error

I updated to Smartdoctor 2 over Christmas and it gives an error warning, "your VGA card voltage 1.5 out of safe bound. Motherboard does not supply with reliable voltage. Please contact motherboard manufacturer”. I have Pentium 4, 1.8 GHz on an Asus P4B266-C motherboard, V7100 GeForce2 mx-400 video card, Windows XP (home), 1GB SDram.
I have looked at this site and others and found very little information and wondered if anyone had ideas that might help resolve the problem.

Because the system is under warrantee I returned to the store that built it and this is what we have tried: (1) changed the power supply (some people indicated power supply was an issue), no difference; (2) the sore telephoned Asus and they claimed it was the AGP port. Asus replaced the P4B266-C with P4B266 motherboard no difference. Technicians did notice that the red led light goes on when the video card is inserted into the AGP port, then goes off when finally seated in it and it works; (3) changed the video card with (a) another GeForce2 MX-400, same problem, and with (3) a low end GeForce4 card –which no longer uses Smartdoctor [the red led light does not go on] so the diagnostic tool is no longer available to us.

The store is pissed off with this and claims that the best solution is to remove Smartdoctor.  Is this in fact a problem with Smartdoctor? Has anyone had a similar problem and got any ideas on what else to try? Is the P4B266 motherboard the same as the P4B266-C board?

Answer : Problem: Asus Smartdoctor voltage error

Hello Existential,

To my experience the problem is SmartDoctor. I have used it on my different systems and it gives the same AGP problem every time. Even after exchanging the powersupply with an expensive one, changing the BIOS, setting the desired AGP voltage manually etc. the problem stays!
Maybe it works properly with some Asus VGA cards but not with mine. My advise would be to either remove SmartDoctor completely or go into the setup menu of the program and disable VDDQ monitoring.

Regards,

Bloempje.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us