Question : Problem: Bios Settings and Graphic Cards

Hiya everyone :)

I have a P3-450mhz Packard Bell computer with on board Rage Pro Turbo graphics and no AGP slot(In the Bios settings it tells me that the chipset has a 64mb AGP aperture) When i try to run GTA3 i get the message that it can't run with less than 12mb Graphics and as a result it wont start up. I don't seem to have much of a problem with games like DeusEx although i do have to switch off some of the fancier features.

In the bios settings i can switch off the onboard sound but not one that says i can disable the onboard graphics so i was wondering if it would be impossible to fit a PCI card.

In the Bios Features Setup there is an option that reads :- PCI/VGA Palette snoop: Disabled ----- if i enabled this would i be able to fit a PCI card?

In the Chipset Features Setup there are these lines :-

System Bios Cacheable: Disabled
Video Bios Cacheable: Disabled
Video Ram Cacheable: Disabled

What do these lines mean and what would happen if i changed them by enabling them?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this and for the patience to answer my queries.

Answer : Problem: Bios Settings and Graphic Cards

What you need to do...(I see you are no stranger to the bios) Is set the shared memory higher...  The shared memory is the amount of memory that the machine allocates to the display card.  My guess is that it is currently set to about 8mb or so...  Some bios refer to it a little differently.  Check for this and set it higher...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us