Question : Problem: Vista user accts/startup programs not global/is there a way for an administrator to make these startup changes global? Permissions question

I am running Vista business edition on a home system. I have just added a couple users. There are some annoying programs that start up at boot. I have tried removing these programs in the user's account (I have had to enter the admin pw) and I have also removed them while logged into the admin account. The admin account boots fine and none of these programs load. If I log into another user it loads all the programs I am trying NOT to have loaded at start up. I am guessing there is something simple that I am missing and I'm hoping I can get some advice here. The users in question have read&execute privileges.

Answer : Problem: Vista user accts/startup programs not global/is there a way for an administrator to make these startup changes global? Permissions question

Your problem is, that these startup entries are part of the default user profile which is used as a template for any new user. Look at HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run inside the registry, I think you will find them there.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us