Question : Problem: How to configure Parallels Desktop from Shared to Bridge Mode

I have a user with MAC OS X 10.4.11 running Parallels Desktop 3.0 and XP Pro. The XP receives its IP through DHCP,  the same IP as the MAC.  From the virtual XP I can ping the gateway router and access the internet fine, but I'm not able to ping nor access anything on the LAN.  I need to be able to access a folder share in the LAN in order to access the ACT database. The Parallels XP doesn't see anything on the LAN and doesn't ping any of the XP machines.  I think I need to change the configuration from Shared mode to Bridged Ethernet mode.  Any idea if this will fix the problem and any tips on how to do it.
Thank you,
Alan

Answer : Problem: How to configure Parallels Desktop from Shared to Bridge Mode

It might...If you have a desktop icon for your VM, don't use it to start the VM up.  Instead o to applications in finder and locate the parallels folder and start Parallels Desktop from there.  From here you can select your VM and it will pop up the VM screen, but will not start up the VM.  Then from the Edit menu item choose to edit the VM.  In the VM configuration editor select your network adapter and change it to bridged.  OK the changes and then start the VM.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us