Question : Problem: How do I retrieve emails deleted from my mac mail inbox ?

I have a new Macbook and had moved all data over including emails via firewire and all working well. I then set about deleting documents photos, songs and emails from my old Mac Powerbook G4 to give to my niece. I highlighted loads of emails and deleted them plus all my inboxes I think....and then when I opened my new Macbook this morning the inbox on this computer was also empty and I was shocked. Am I being stupid here ? Can I retrieve my emails form anywhere ?
rozzy56

Answer : Problem: How do I retrieve emails deleted from my mac mail inbox ?

The answer is that it depends on who your ISP is, and what type of email account you have. If you are using an IMAP account, then all the emails are stored on the server, with your mac syncing to that server.

When you delete emails from one mac, they are deleted on the server, and your other mac will then sync and delete them as well.

Whether you can retrieve them will depend upon where they got deleted to, and what happened to them there. Try looking in the Trash to see if the emails were deleted just to there, or whether the Trash was subsequently emptied.

What email accounts are you using?

Cheers,

Joel
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us