Question : Problem: iphone - WiFi

I am currently running ISA 2006 for my user to access the Internet in the office, through the LAN or WiFi Routers. All clients in the office use Client ISA 2006 for authentication to grant access to the Internet.

However, I connect my 3G iphone to my Wireless Network in the office, I get connected to the Wireless Network, however, if I try and Browse or download anything from my iPhone, not possible. Since my iphone does not have Client ISA 2006 installed could this be the problem ?

What could be a solution this issue, please to advise ?

Answer : Problem: iphone - WiFi

There is no ISA client for the iPhone.

An option is to create a rule for the iPhone that says that it cans urf without authentication. You could use it's MAC address to create a DHCP reservation for it and then base the rule on the source IP. It is not very secure but would allow you to use the phone.

The other options is to enable the ISA to prompt for creditionals when it finds the device is not identified... But as to how to do all of this! you need to post a question in the ISA Zone, there are a numner of great experts there that can sort you out...

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us