Question : Problem: Extracting music from Ipod Touch

Hi,
I own an Ipod Touch. Recently I've been trying in vain to extract my songs from the Touch to my PC. All because they were deleted from my harddisk in the past.
I've tried many softwares but most of them don't detect Ipod Touch but only normal Ipods. Does anyone know a good software I can use to extract the songs? Or is there a way to use windows itself to retrieve it from the touch? I'm using windows vista by the way.

Thank you.
blurSoul

Answer : Problem: Extracting music from Ipod Touch

Try this one TouchCopy
http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/
I've used with an IPod Video
Also you can do it with freeware
First set your Ipod to be used as a hard disk.
On the Ipod
Toggle the Hold switch on and off. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds.
press Select and Play when you see the Apple logo, the Ipod should show a check mark, now you are in Hard Disk Mode. Select the Ipod as a hard disk from explorer, with the op`tion "show hidden files" turned on, and proced to copy your music to your computer
You won't have the names on the files so do this
Search the web and download MP3TagEditor
Run it select one of the folders recovered from the Ipod, select all songs, right click on the mouse and select rename file from tag
Do this in all the folders, the you can copy all the music files to where you want, only thing is it ONLY WORKS WITH MP3, not with ACC that is the format that ITunes uses.
For ACC just install Itunes on the new computer and impor the folders.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us