Question : Problem: Itunes freezes during Library Consolidation

I am trying to consolidate my library but Itunes keeps freezing up to the point that I have to restart my computer. Force quit does not work. Is there any difference between running "Consolidate Library" and just copying manually the music into my designated Itunes folder and then adding them to the library.

Answer : Problem: Itunes freezes during Library Consolidation

What I would do is to delete the libray, move all of my files to one location and then Add the folder to ITunes.
What's going on is that as I Tunes is moving the files is updating the paths on the library. If you delete the library and move manually the files ITunes would only create the library
Moving 8 gigs sporadically froze my computer I just let it work and it finished, so maybe what you need to do is let the computer work at night while you sleep.
You have to choices but if you move the files manually and haven't cleaned the library you'll have an entry for each file that's pointing to the old location and after importing the folder a new entry pointing to the new one you'll need to delete the wrong enties manually.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us