Question : Problem: Stacking Monitors

I am unable to use the Windows display manager to stack my monitors vertically and need some help.

I am running a Vista 64 OS with two video cards: ATI Radeon 4870 512MB and ATI Radeo 4870 X2 to drive three 24" monitors and one 22" monitors.  The cards have a crossfire cable plugged in, but not currently enabled.  I'm able to extend my desktop to all of these but when I attempt to arrange them in a manner that stacks one over the other three, the display manager keeps resetting them into a single row whenever I click "Apply" or "OK".

I'm get the same result whether I try to arrange these with ATI's Catalyst Control Panel or the Window Display manager.  They seem to stack just fine in the display, but when I click "Apply" it automatically re-aligns the position to a single row.

I'd like to have these arranged so they are arranged as such:

2 1 3

instead they keep reverting to:

4 2 1 3

Please let me know if there are any ideas why this is happening or how to correct.

Kevin

Answer : Problem: Stacking Monitors

You may simply be out of luck with that arrangement.   I'm not aware of any multi-monitor utility that allows arranging the monitors in other than a uniform row/column arrangement -- i.e. either all in a row; all in a column; or in a rectangular array of m x n rows and columns.

In your case, something like 1-2-3-4  or    1 - 2
                                                                  3 - 4

Even the very-powerful ZenView manager only allows those configurations [http://www.digitaltigers.com/zenview.asp ]
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us