Question : Problem: Mouse and Keyboard stop working during Windows Server 2003 R2 Upgrade from Windows Server 2000.

I am in the midst of upgrading from windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 R2 and during the installing devices portion of the upgrade my USB mouse and keyboard stop working and I need to make a selection of where my NIC driver is located.  So basically I need to hit the browse button and my mouse and keyboard don't work so I can't.  I have rebooted twice, the mouse will work up until the installing devices portion. Then the pointer disappears.  Also server has no PS/2 ports.

Answer : Problem: Mouse and Keyboard stop working during Windows Server 2003 R2 Upgrade from Windows Server 2000.

Kind of surprised that 2003 doesn't know about a Dell NIC, but maybe we should expect that.  Is there a CD with the driver on it that you could insert in the drive before it gets to that point?  Or could you temporarily replace the Dell NIC with a more generic one.  You may be right that the NIC driver isn't the issue, but if that's the only question that the install is going to ask you during this phase, perhaps if the phase completes you will get control of your mouse back...or if that's the only question it will ask for the rest of the install, the install might just complete.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us