Question : Problem: Can Not Get USB Keyboard to work

Hi Everyone:

I am trying to get a new USB keyboard made by Microinnovations (Model KB570BL) to work without any success.  The USB mouse itself works just fine on any USB port.  Interestingly, my friend mentioned all other USB keyboards have failed to work as well which have been attached in the past.  To help narrow down the problem, here is some technical information noticed after Windows is booted with the keyboard attached.

At first, the operating system (Windows XP Pro, SP2) detects the keyboard by indicating new hardware found and showing a brief message about a USB keyboard.  Then, I get a window with the following error message and content: Cannot Install This Hardware.  There was a problem installing this hardware: HID Class....An error occured during the installation of the device.  The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.  This may be because the INF was written for 95 or later.  Contact your harware vendor.  The website address for the keyboard by the way is microinv.com if needed.  

Upon visual inspection of Device Manager, there is not a category for Keyboard.  And within the category of Human Interface Devices, I have 4 HID entries, 1 Unknown device with a yellow exclamation point, and 3 USB Human Interface Devices.   Just in case it is needed, the pc is a Dell Dimension B110.  

Any help in resolving this technical problem with the USB keyboard will be appreciated.

Thank you.

George

Answer : Problem: Can Not Get USB Keyboard to work

I have had the same thing with Dells. Uninstall the device with a yellow! then immediately scan for new decices. Click on view and select show hidden devices. if anything shows up with a Yellow! uninstall it and again to a scan for hardware changes.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us