Question : Problem: Intel CD2 T8300/9300 vs AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-68

Hi all,

I'm about to buy a new laptop. It will be my main development machine, used for heavy stuff (VS, internet development, DBs and more), so I need plenty of RAM and beasty perfomance. Using HPs site I assembled two laptop - one is Intel based and the other is AMD. My question is this: based on concurrent benchmarks and technologies used, what is better - Intel's T8300 or AMD's TL-68 (notice the clock speeds are the same)? the laptop I could build with AMD is considerably cheaper than the one with Intel, but since I've never had AMD before I'm not sure wheather its a good choice.

I have priority for HPs since I have an HP for a long time and its good and not pricey, and also b/c of their international warranty. If you know of much better options let me know (perhaps even good places in the USA/NY to get those for cheaper prices than HPs site?).

BTW - I'm assuming Core Duo 2 is much superior than Pentium Mobile (which reminds me of Pentium M)...

Any comments will be highly appreciated, its been a while since I messed with HW...

Stilgar.

Answer : Problem: Intel CD2 T8300/9300 vs AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-68

The Intel's are far superior in performance.   A T9300 scores 1653 on Passmark's CPU-Mark; a T8300 scores 1383.   Can't find the CPU-Mark for a TL-68, but the 2200MHz TL-64 scores 882, and the 2000MHz TL-60 scores 804 ... so a reasonable "guess" is around 925 or so ==> in any event it will be FAR below a T9300 (barely over half).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us