Question : Problem: Epson 340 DVD tray printing Trouble

I'm using an Epson 340R to print DVD labels - The DVD's are inkjet printable.   I purchased the printer about a month ago and had no trouble printing a run of around 100 last month.  Now I'm getting a pretty consistent "tray jam or feed error".  I'm using epson's CD printer software to print the label (although I've also tried using other software with similar results).

The message I'm getting on the computer is "Paper jam or CD/DVD tray Jam"
On the printer the message reads "paper or cd/dvd tray jam or feed error.  Press the start button.  if the error does not clear reinsert the paper or cd/dvd tray and press the start button."  When I reinsert the tray and press the start button it spits the tray back out.  I've found the only way to clear the error is to turn off the printer, shut down the software and start over.  I can then print one or two DVD's.  However within 2 or 3, the printer will feed CD/DVD tray in "to far" (the edge of the tray goes all the way into the printer) and then spit it back out underneath the CD/DVD tray loader.  Then the same error message comes up.  Its almost as if it misfed once and is now not calibrated correctly.

I've tried
-unplugging and disconnecting the USB cable/Restarting the computer and trying again.
-reinstalling the software.
-reinstalling the drivers
-called tech support, they walked me through a very basic check and of course it behaved for one DVD.  As soon as I hung up the problem started again - by that time their support was closed.

I'm on a deadline - I have to have 200 DVD's with printed labels by monday!!

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Epson 340 DVD tray printing Trouble

PAQed with points refunded (500)

CetusMOD
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us