Question : Problem: Can only connect wirelessly to internet in safe mode as administrator

We have a laptop that has been able to connect to the wireless router but not connect to the internet via firefox or ie browsers - EXCEPT - in safe mode as administrator. Can't connect using any other user either except administrator. Anyone have any idea what the cause might be?

Answer : Problem: Can only connect wirelessly to internet in safe mode as administrator

I figured this one out.

It was surprisingly simple.

The problem turned out to be ZoneAlarm. ZoneAlarm is a software firewall that was installed on the laptop. Three months ago when I first tried to fix the connectivity issue, one of the first things I did was disable ZoneAlarm. At the time that didn't seem to make a difference - still couldn't connect and browse.

A number of times I had pinged both the router and Google to see if they would respond. They did. Google's response to ping meant that DNS was ok, which I hadn't suspected was the issue.

I decided to try a traceroute. I did that and  and received an "error 65" in the trace. I looked up "error 65" and found that "error 65" in a ping and/or traceroute is associated with ZoneAlarm issues. Three months ago I disabled ZoneAlarm. What needed to be done was to uninstall ZoneAlarm. I did that and that did the trick.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us