Question : Problem: What hardware configuration is required to play Crysis at high resolution?

I have a Visionman gaming PC with the following spec:  ASUS SN32-E SLI (Mother board / chipset) with e6600 @ 2.4ghz (processor); 2 GB RAM (RAM); 9800GTX + (Graphics Card); XP Service Pack 2 (OS); Zephyr 650 Power supply (Power supply)

I would like run the game "Crysis" at 1680 x 1050 resolution.  Is my hardware adequate to run this game or do I need to upgrade one of more components?  If so, which ones?

Answer : Problem: What hardware configuration is required to play Crysis at high resolution?

I have left a link to the official Crysis system analysis site.  It will scan your system to see if it can run and also give you recommendations on how to run it better via hardware and or software improvements if necessary.  Or you can go to the Crysis site and click "Can You Run It" link, for it is the same one if my link doesn't work.  I would try to get an additional graphics card or two if your board supports it that offers increased performance up to 2x in a dual SLI configuration and up to 2.8x in 3-way SLI mode.  Another couple gigs of RAM as long as they are the same make and model you currently have again as long as your board supports them.  The memory would just pop in and work, the graphics cards would need software but you have that already but make sure you get the same cards as you have now for compatibility, although graphics cards use a lot of power so it is possible you would need a 1000 watt power supply for them.  Crysis is the most power hungry game I've ever dealt with so the newest and best hardware is always better and any bottleneck could potentially affect your performance so I would get a benchmark utility, PCPitstop.com and Passmark.com would be good for starters but Sandras from SI Software is the best in my opinion.
1:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/ea_usa?registration_option_id=5610
Open in New Window Select All
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us