Question : Problem: Apacer USB 2.0 Embedded 7-in-1 Card Reader won't run properly under Windows

Hello experts,

It could be, I ask this question twice. Dunno where my previous question disappeared. So I type it again. By he way, the new site design is really confusing and just ....gay.

Well, to the problem:

I have an internal card reader with USB-Port. It is possible to plug it in when windows is already running and then I get 4 drive letters (for the different slots CF,mspro,etc). Well , thats ok. But since it is an internal device, I don't want to open the pc-case everytime I want to use the card reader.

The trouble is, if I start up the computer with plugged in card reader, Windows will only recognize an "USB-Device". No drives etc. Well something is missing during booting....the question for you what?

I tried it with ACPI and CPI interrupt mode. Also, there are no interrupt conflicts.  I did a clean Install W2K SP4 slipstreamed.

Oh, it is a USB 2.0 device. My motherboard ASUS P4B533-E has 6 USB-Ports in 3 groups à 2 Ports. Every group has its own (!) IRQ and also 500mA current available. There are no other USB-Components connected to the computer. The card reader is connected to the ports 5/6 which is an internal connector.

Any tips are welcome
Alesch

Answer : Problem: Apacer USB 2.0 Embedded 7-in-1 Card Reader won't run properly under Windows

I don't see anywhere a reference to the device application, Jhance.

The fact that the device is being recognized at the moment you plug it in is nice, but the purpose of the application IS, to the best of my understanding, to establish the device upon bootup. It is an essential piece.

Amos - The Keymaker
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us