Question : Problem: Acess denied Mailboxes & Public Folders

I have been running 11d and backup up our Exchange Server 2003 on Server 2003 for months without any problems.  Out of the blue is starts saying access denied on the brick level stuff.  I know that 11d has this continuous backup thing now, but thats not where I am at this stage of the game.  I'd really like to get my brick level backup of Mailboxes and Public folders working again.  In the resource credentials part of 11d Exchange and First Storage Group test successful but MS Public Folders and Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes below that say Access is denied.  This account has delegated control at the top level of the Exchange administration tool, the user is not hidden in AD.   I love when software that was working perfectly just stops...

thanks

Answer : Problem: Acess denied Mailboxes & Public Folders

Hi,

This might have been done by a SP upgrade or a hotfix which might have disabled the permisssions for other users to send as / receive as permissions. Normally when we do a mail box level backup the user configured in the exchange agent logs in as that user to each mail box and backups the data. if the mail box has been set to provide access only one user then it would not let any other user login to that a/c not even exchange administrator. Check if any group policy to that effect was applied or any hot fix applied.

bhanu
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us