Question : Problem: Changing irq to relieve my video card during online gaming

I have broadcom netXtreme 57xx gigabit controller , Intel(R) 82801FB/fbm PCI Express Root port- 2660, Intel(R) 925X PCI Express Root Port- 2585, and NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT all under Irq 11 they all share the Irq and make graphics loose frame rates and slow down the graphics card on online games and singleplayer. I have tried setting the cpu up in HAL hardware abstraction layer to change these values but the end up all on the same Irq everytime i restore heres what i followed to do the HAL http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299340/en-us I want to know how to change the irq for the on board ethernet controller and get it off the graphics card irq I have WINDOWS XP HOME

Answer : Problem: Changing irq to relieve my video card during online gaming

It is probably not possible to move the IRQ on the onboard ethernet NIC.
You could try disabling it and putting in a PCI NIC although these often end up using IRQ11 anyway,
Shared IRQs are all very well, but sometimes Video cards will suffer quite badly from contention and the usual cure is moving the NIC to another PCI slot.
If the Onboard NIC is causing contention, it due to poor design, but it is not unknown.
Another possibility is if the NIC has "bus mastering" enabled, then it will get priority on the bus.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us