Question : Problem: Airport problems with MacBook

I have home network, Linksys router.  Airport seems to contstantly get hung up or stalled.  If I turn Airport off and turn it back on right away it willl work fine for awhile, then get hung up again.  Then I turn it off and right back on and it works fine.  This pattern repeats all the time.

Is there anything I can tweak in Airport to help here?  Or is this maybe a router issue?

Answer : Problem: Airport problems with MacBook

Personally if you want to run a Mac wirelessly, I'd invest in an Airport base station. I have a couple of Macs in my house and I used to run them wirelessly across a fairly high end router and was constantly having connectivity issues.  I finally invested in an Airport Extreme Base station and almost never have a connectivity issue.

Now, having said this, the Airport should work fine with the Linksys router, but the more I mess around with wireless the less happy I become with the wireless solutions that are available. I've tested a variety of ones from Netgear, Linksys, and Proxim and so far the Airport Extreme has been the best and most reliable; even with Windows PCs.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us