Question : Problem: Convert wave files to apple lossless and add tag information.

I have about 100 GB of music files that are in uncompressed wave format.  These files were ripped from the CD using Windows media player.
The files are on my hard drive organized by artist and album and the files are named with the track number and name.
Example:
\Music\Pink Floyd\ The Dark Side of the Moon\ 01 Speak to Me-Breathe Pink Floyd.wav
When I open my music library in either media player or media center all the track information is there (artist, album, track name).

Now what I want to do is convert everything to apple lossless so that I can play the files in iTunes with the tag information (information does not show with .wav files and everything is marked unknown artist/ unknown album.)

I know that wave file do not hold tag information and this is why the info is not showing up in iTunes.  What Im looking for is a program that can convert all the files to apple lossless (or windows media lossless) and tag them using the folder structure and file names to get the tag information.  

Thanks,
eb

Answer : Problem: Convert wave files to apple lossless and add tag information.

I think Abander tag control will do the tag creating, you can use ITunes to do the conversion and then abander to set the tags.
http://www.softartstudio.com/tagcontrol/
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us