Question : Problem: Laptop P4 3.0 Ghz CPU Temperatures too High or Not?

Are my Laptop P4 3.0 Ghz CPU Temperatures too High.

We are dealing with a IBM G40 Laptop that had a new motherboard installed by a non-professional. I may have done a fine job of installing the mother board and applying the thermal paste, like many of us who are non-professionals who work on pc's. But I want a second opinion to be sure. I am very interested personal experience as I have already referenced the web throughly and found that temperatures in the 60 to 70 C are not unusual.

Here is the facts. At idle the processor is 41 C and when doing hard work where the CPU is running 100% continuously like a virus scan or defragmentation the processor runs at 75 C. Keeping in mind that were dealing with a IBM laptop with a Pentium 4 running at a very high clock speed. It seems like I am runnning on the toasty side. What do you think>

Answer : Problem: Laptop P4 3.0 Ghz CPU Temperatures too High or Not?

>>   something that was causing the heat sink to be held up on one side  <<  probably it was not installed correctly, and seated only on one side, and this was the real cause, not the paste.
If it is not flush against the whole surface, it nearly cannot transfer the heat from the cpu to the sink
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us