Question : Problem: How do I find out who's been browsing web browsing on their blackberry?

Hi guys,

Have found out that someone in our company has been browsing very inappropriate web sites using their work blackberry device.  I tracked it through Websense by tracing the source IP which turned out to be the BES Server but can't pin it to anyone as it comes up under an Administrator account (all blackberry browsing is logged under this account).

What I need to do is drill it down to the device PIN which was browsing the web at this particular time.  We're using BES 4.0.7.8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Adam

Answer : Problem: How do I find out who's been browsing web browsing on their blackberry?

Look in the logs. In the \Blackberry Enterprise Server\Logs\ folder. There should be a log file called BES_MDAT_*.txt where the star is the date and some other numbers.

Open that in notepad and hit CTRL+F to find and type in the domain name of the bad site from websense. The line that references the domain name should also have the PIN of the device that accessed it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us