Question : Problem: Active Sync is turning on screen in Windows Mobile 5

I have a Verizon XV6700 pocketpc.  Active Sync constantly wakes up my phone (the screen turns on) when I am in my cradle.  I have to turn the screen on when I active sync, but usually, I want it off and just charging.  But if I turn the screen off, active sync (or I think it is the culprit), keeps waking up my phone after a couple of minutes and turning the screen on and synching.

I have to unplug my usb cable to my computer (the cradle has 2 connectors, power and usb), and then power off the screen on my phone, then it stays with a dark screen.

Does anyone have a solution?  I think actually most phones do this, so I think it is a problem with active sync with most phones in that the screen has to constantly be on.  But most of us would just like it to charge with the screen off and not synching constantly.  Is there a setting to do what I want in active sync or my phone?

Thanks,
connector777

Answer : Problem: Active Sync is turning on screen in Windows Mobile 5

Greetings

I have a Sprint PocketPC 6700 with the same problem. The trouble is Activesync. For some reason, the screen has to be on for syncing to occur whether the phone is cradled or not. If the battery life is your biggest concern, push and hold the power button to turn the backlight off or adjust the power settings to turn the device off after 1 minute or so. You could also adjust your peak time and sync schedule to minimize the time the screen will be on.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us