Question : Problem: How to Configure WMP6.1 device to sync with SBS2003

Hi

My first question & Greetings from the Isle of Man.

I run my own small business & have an SBS2003 server used by myself & my wife.

SBS2003 is configured to use Outlook Web Access which works with no problems. I do not have a paid certificate & use my Internet IP address to remotely access OWA. My desktop PC is running Vista Business SP1. I have wireless available in the office which is run from the ADSL router connected to a 2nd server nic. I have been attempting to sync the device to Exchange with the device connected to the dekstop computer via USB.

I have an HTC Windows Mobile Device & installed Windows Mobile Device Center onto my desktop pc. I've now been trying for 2 days (almost non-stop!) to get it to synch with Exchange without any luck.

My error message from trying to sync is: "ActiveSync cannot reach the server. Check that the server address and proxy server settings are correct."

I have not installed an SSL certificate on the device but I can find no instructions how to do this. There are 2 certificates on the server in c:\clientapps\sbscert called ISAcert.cer & sbscert.cer - running through the Mobile Device Center wizard gives me no method to copy these files to the device.

Please can anyone help?

Answer : Problem: How to Configure WMP6.1 device to sync with SBS2003

Sorry, you are certainly right about that.  I gave you the wrong link:
Try http://sbsurl.com/mobile6 instead.

Jeff
TechSoEasy
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us