Question : Problem: USR Courier V.Everything intermittiently dropping incoming fax calls on SBS 2003

I have USR Courier V.Everything external modem and it is dropping fax calls every few calls.  It does not seem to be the phone line because a regualr fax machine plugged in works fine.  We are running SBS 2003 and the modem is set to answer on the 3 ring.  If I go to the fax monitor it shows the modem picking up the call on the 3rd ring and then it terminates.  The event viewer logs the error 32092 "The Fax service failed to receive a fax. From: . CallerId: . To: Mercator Management. Pages: 0. Device Name: Courier V.Everything EXT PnP (V90-x2). "

USR tech support was of no help.  We ensured the firmware was updated, the drivers were updated and I even tried using the SBS server 2003 windows driver for the modem.  Speaking of which, is it better to use one driver over the other?  I adjusted the speed of the modem and that did not seem to help either.

I cannot find the Courier V.Everything on Microsoft's compatibility list for SBS 2003 so I suspect I need a new modem that is compatible, but everyone says that this one should work fine and from past tickets I have found on this site it seems that there are cases it does work fine.  I just want to make sure that I need to buy a new modem before I actually go buy a new modem.  Please help!

Thanks,

Michael

Answer : Problem: USR Courier V.Everything intermittiently dropping incoming fax calls on SBS 2003

PAQed with points refunded (500)

DarthMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us