Question : Problem: Supported memory modules on 945 chipset mainboards?

Hello,
I'm attempting to find something out:
A mainboard on one of my PCs has "died", So I went to a computers repair store to buy a replacement.
I've had a Intel D945GNT board, And I've had 3GB of DDR2 PC-5300 667MHZ RAM (two modules of 1GB and 2 modules of 512MB to make it dual-channel)
Now, They're saying that they're going to order a similar mainboard for me, But not Intel's, But Gigabyte's
The only problem... This board has just 2 memory slots...
So they've suggested me to buy 2 2GB memory modules. They've said me that 2GB 800MHZ PC-6400 module will work fine with this board. I know that my previous mainboard (Intel's D945GNT) supported up to 667MHZ PC-5300 DDR2 RAM.
So my question is...
Could it be that such memory module (The 800MHZ one) will be able to work on a mainboard with Intel's 945 chipset? Because I want to order now 2 2GB memory modules, But I strongly doubt that 800MHZ memory modules would work on it.
Thanks in  advance!

Answer : Problem: Supported memory modules on 945 chipset mainboards?

Yes - running RAM at a slower speed is not a problem, it's when you try to run it faster (overclock) that it has problems.  Gigabyte motherboards are pretty good about working with different kinds of RAM manufacturers, so I don't think you'll have a problem there.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us