Question : Problem: Force a specific resolution setting on an Insignia 32" LCD Monitor/TV

I have a Vista Business computer, Pentium D, 1gb RAM, Nvida 7600 GS video card.  I have connected an Insignia 32" LCD Monitor/TV and want to use it as the main monitor for my system.  The advertised resolution is up to 1280x768 (it has 16x9 format and HD capable too).  The only resolution I can get is 1024x768.  I have tried all the display setting options I can, but the resolution slider won't go beyond 1024x768.  I tried the Nvidia Control Panel, but same thing.  Installed the latest driver from Nvidia's website too.  I also have installed PowerStrip, the program that is supposed to force resolutions.  I can't get anything to make the resolution better than 1024x768.  Any ideas?  There is no monitor driver available from Insignia, and Windows Vista shows the current monitor as "generic PnP".

Answer : Problem: Force a specific resolution setting on an Insignia 32" LCD Monitor/TV

Go to the display properties /Right mouse click on the free space of desktop/ then go to the adapter tab and press button "list all modes" /for Vista is can be different - at least select Personalize first and then click Display Settings/. Be aure that on the Monitor tab check box "Hide modes that monitor cannot dispalay" is unchecked. If you can found you desired mode then posible your adapter can't support this resolution.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us