Question : Problem: Symantec Backup Exec 11d - Backing up a Network Attached Storage Issue

Microsoft Windows 2003 SBS
Symantec Backup Exec 11d

Issue - Backups are working fine, I have added a LaCi3-2Big 1TB to our network and wanted to move a large folder onto this.  

During a test backup I created a file on the NAS and added this onto the backup via adding the network path to "View Selection Details.
The backup showed the errors that nothing on the NAS had been backed up.  

Error Message==================================================================================
Backup- 192.168.16.17V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine 192.168.16.17.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
License Violation
A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Access to the device \\192.168.16.17\n_drive is not authorized with this edition of the product.
===============================================================================================

Now does this mean that I dont have the correct license installed and I am not able to backup from this type of drive with out the Remote Agent License?

Answer : Problem: Symantec Backup Exec 11d - Backing up a Network Attached Storage Issue

If you want my help I'm here.

Good luck.

Richard.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us