Question : Problem: APL 1100 Backup pro goes on battery when I hook up serial cable

I have an APC 1100 that I have had for a couple of years. It regulates power for one computer.

Recently, I installed the Power Shute server program and, when I went to connect the serial cable between the computer and the UPS, the UPS switched over to battery power and started chirping.  I disconnect the cable, and it goes back green.

I have no reason to expect power to the device, and the ups itsels seems in great sheep and holds a good charge.

I saw a post somewhere about a way to adjust the line voltage sensitivity by powering off the device and powering it back on in a certain way. But the instructions were vague and referred to contacting APC and asking them.

Can this be one?  If so, can someone outline the procedure.

BTW, when I set up serial communication and load the console on another box, it tells me that the device seems OK, other than the fact it is running on battery power, that is.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: APL 1100 Backup pro goes on battery when I hook up serial cable

See the troubleshooting table here.
http://www.scansmart.com/catalog/bp1400.pdf

If that didn't work I suggest that you buy a new Serial port CARD .. and try.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us