Question : Problem: How do I get Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows to validate or restore my archive on a WD 500gb Sata Ext Drive without locking up?

I bought Acronis True Image Echo Server build 8,076 and performed a fullbackup of W2k3 server. It reported a successful backup process. I have two Esata controller cards, one operating 2 seperate WD external drives for data backups, and a 4 port raid controller for an external raid array.  I backed up to a WD 500 gb Ext Sata Drive.

I have a seperate Esata raid controller connected to a sata raid array that I configured as a legacy raid 0  partition 40gb, and a raid 5 partition 192gb per drive on 4 drives. I chose to reconfigure my array to be a raid 3 legacy 40gb per drive, and maintain the existing raid 5 array.

In order to do so you must "break" the existing legacy raid 0, restore the operating system on the 40gb primary partition of the 1st drive, and use the windows Sata raid configurator to build the legacy raid 3 array, it should build the legacy raid 3 array but most likely will not retain the operating system. So you do another restore on the new raid 3 array partition.

However the recover disk I made locks up the WD drive when 2 progress bars appear and freezes the Acronis software so bad you have to do a reset when you try to recover or validate backup.

And unfortunatley, I am not able to get the updated files, and even if I did, I only want Acronis to provide the recovery program that will not fail to restore my operating system. If the backup program verified the backup, the software must be able to restore the backup archive.  It just needs to be able to resore that archive. If it turns out that it won't, this software is defective.

I am an MCSA/E with Security and a CISSP. I know how to operate software correctly and carefully.

I spent $900.00 for software that isn't working.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Answer : Problem: How do I get Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows to validate or restore my archive on a WD 500gb Sata Ext Drive without locking up?

I have to apologize to you all.  I made a mistake,  I did not realize I did not purchase the server version of Acronis.  I discovered my paperwork for the purchase and it did not identify the server version.  Fortunately, I have not done anything yet to discuss my issue to the market in general\ at this time.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us