Question : Problem: Bluetooth headset: can hear laptop audio (poorly), but mic doesn't work.

I have a Bluetooth "Mobile Traveler Headset" made by Logitech.  It works fine with my cell phone, but when I tried to use it with my laptop, I can hear the audio OK (albeit much poorer quality audio than when I connect this headset to my phone or when I connect another headset to my laptop). The problem is that when I use the headset to make a Skype call on my laptop, I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me.  Apparently the microphone doesn't work.  I have a wired (non-Bluetooth) headset that works fine with Skype on this same laptop.

Any ideas as to possible causes of this problem?  I wonder whether it has to do with the fact that my laptop (Compaq Presario v5303nr) does not have native Bluetooth capability, so I'm using a USB Bluetooth (class 1) adapter made by Billionton.com.
Thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: Bluetooth headset: can hear laptop audio (poorly), but mic doesn't work.

you may want to take a look at the sound options via Control Panel.  typically the microphone is turned way down in there.  That could be the problem
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us