Question : Problem: Vista won't connect to a network after Hibernation mode

Hi. I have a problem with Vista connecting to the network after coming out of Hibernation. I have Vista Ultimate 32bit installed as a clean build, no upgrade. I have a 3 month old HP pavillion laptop.
Everything is fine until I shut the lid and put the laptop into hibernation mode. Once it comes back both the wireless and wired network connections no longer work. I can't even get to the properties as the Network and Sharing center freeze up. The only thing I can do is restart the machine and then everything is fine again. But there is a problem shutting down. If I've closed the lid and now have the disabled network card senario the laptop will not shut off by itself. when I tell it to restart it logs off then just hangs on the shutdown screen. I have to hold down the power button. If I haven't put the machine into Hibernation mode since the last reboot, it will shut down fine however.
I have an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wireless card. I originally had the WinXP drivers, but now have the Vista drivers from Intel for the card. The wired card is Intel PRO/100 VE

thanks for the help

Answer : Problem: Vista won't connect to a network after Hibernation mode

you might also want to disable allowing windows to control the power to the network card. this is done in device manager under the adapter properties pages!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us