Question : Problem: Link to ICA executable file cannot resolve in IE, but resolves fine in Firefox or Opera

I was made aware from one of our remote users that they could not resolve the link to the ICA file for our Citrix server.  I checked on my computer and found that I also was not able to resolve the link that shows on the default page on web interface for Citrix.

The link I'm referring to is the one on the default Citrix page that shows up only when the Citrix ICA client is not loaded on the local machine.

Working with another consultant, we found that we could resolve the link in Firefox and Opera, which leads me to believe that it is an issue in Internet Explorer (we used both IE 6 and IE 7).

It is the same result on computers outside of the Domain as it is within the Domain.

In checking both IE 6 and IE 7, we changed the security settings to pretty much allow all to see if that would resolve anything, which it did not.

Answer : Problem: Link to ICA executable file cannot resolve in IE, but resolves fine in Firefox or Opera

We have resolved the problem.  Citrix has a configuration to check in IIS.  Within the properties of the Citrix folder, under "Directory", "Application Setting", "Execute Permissions", it was set as "Scripts and Executables".  By simply changing it to "Scripts Only", it resolved the issue.

Thank you all for your support and help.  It was driving us nuts trying to figure out the issue when we should have looked deeper in the Citrix knowledge base.  It took a while to find it, but we have since resolved the issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us