Question : Problem: Unable to Empty Trash... 'file in use...' message?  Apple MAC 'Tiger Os'

Hi Experts,

I have a Mac G5 and have moved a folder to the 'Trash'. When trying to empty the bin... I get a message...

Message = "The operation cannot be completed because the item "Books" is in use."

continued...
This message appears after I abort the message with another file in use....

Actions performed:

1. searched for "books" in Spotlight... [result] =  it only shows me an empty folder in the Bin.
2. checked 'Activity Monitor' for anything unusual running... [result] = nothing unsual.

Help

Cheers,
Roberto

Answer : Problem: Unable to Empty Trash... 'file in use...' message?  Apple MAC 'Tiger Os'

Hold down the Option key when clicking Empty Trash in the File Menu
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: Microphone stoped working - somethng simple surely? Is there a mute?
  •  Problem: BIOS insists on booting from the new hard drive..boot sequence settings get automatically reverted..
  •  Problem: Dell d630 intell wireless must repair wireless connection to connect
  •  Problem: Comment on my Iomega CD-R burner on USB
  •  Problem: DIMM 3A and B only support single rank memory
  •  Problem: Trouble setting up CISCO ASA 5505 for VPN access
  •  Problem: After fresh reinstall of XP, sound is not working and display is chunky/flickering.
  •  Problem: XP Pro - USB Backup Drives - How to determine what letter is being assigned
  •  Problem: HP Laserjet 4200n displays message "manually feed light letter".
  •  Problem: My Proview 17inch LCD monitor model # LT776s has a small display in the left corner that has...
  •  
    programming4us programming4us