Question : Problem: License problem

We installed BE12 on 1 server. From that server we installled the remote agent on 2 other servers.

Now de trial is expired for de agents and the backup fails.
We uninstalled the agents from those servers but the backup exec license assesment tool is still reporting that we have installed 7 remote agents.

It also says that we have to buy 2 licenses for Active directory recovery agent, but we didn't install that option.....

How can i find out on wich servers the backup exec agents are running, or how can let BE12 know that we uninstalled them?
Also how can i let him know that we havn't installed ADRA?

Answer : Problem: License problem

The license assesment tool will look back at the history of the jobs to decide what options you used. By default it will look back a month or so, if I'm not mistaken.
But you can change how much history BELAT uses to make its report. I suggest you only let BELAT scan jobs from after the uninstall of the remote agents and the expiration of the ADRA option. Then check what it reports.

One other reason why BELAT may report too many remote agents is when a server is backing up some resources through the NETBIOS name and some resources through the FQDN name. BELAT thinks those resources belong to two different servers and will request 2 remote agents in its report. This is a known limitation of BELAT.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us