Question : Problem: I want to somehow bring my laptop to factory condition on boot as windows fails to load

My laptop stops at a blue screen when it attempts to load Windows XP and tells me that it is preventing startup to protect the system as it has detected a problem.

The problem was stickers in the chasis of the fan unpeeled as they would and jammed the fan. The laptop overheat and shutdown automatically.

I'm no expert but I don't actually think there is a fault with it I just think once its decided there is such a risk it wont resit.

Is there a diagnositcs disc I can download to reset my system. This happened months back so I dont give a dam about the contents of the HD. I'm using Hirens BootCD just now with no idea how to use it and searchign for some way of recovering the system through normal system recovery.

Any ideas or should I just send this to Packard bell with another nasty letter asking why any manufacturer would put stickers in the inside of the chasis of a fan!

thanks for any attention

Answer : Problem: I want to somehow bring my laptop to factory condition on boot as windows fails to load

Try pressing F11 on boot up.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us