Question : Problem: Problem w/SonicWall Firewall and Citrix XP Presentation Server

We currently have a WatchGuard 700 (not x700) firewall.  We are passing port 1484/TCP to the Citrix XP Presentation server running on MS Server 2003 SP1.  We changed to a SonicWall Pro 3060 w/firmware version 3.1.0.15-95s.  When we did that most users complained that Citrix was slow and one office was disconnecting and reconnecting to Citrix every two minutes.  I tried this with Citrix XP Feature Release 3 and with the SP4 as well.  The firewall rules stayed the same.  We tried using RDP from the site that was disconnecting and reconnecting and it stayed connected just fine.  I had Citrix themselves log into my server and check the settings and they said it was ok. Does this make any sense?  I have been trying to solve this for over a month.

Answer : Problem: Problem w/SonicWall Firewall and Citrix XP Presentation Server

Why did you switch routers?   Are you sure the setup was the same?  Can you hook the Watchguard back up, etherreal or network monitor a couple of citrix sessions, then do the same with the sonic wall?

-gsgi
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us