Question : Problem: share 3G Broadband through serveral wireless access points/routers

I have a 3G broadband card in a laptop and it is setup with ICS.   I have the laptop hooked up to a Netgear WNR 3500 router/access point.   I have succesfully achieved my primary objective which is to share the BB connection through the wirless access point.   Now I need to set up an addtional wirless router/access point to allow other wirless laptop users to connect to the shared 3G BB.

I basically need to set up a hot spot that extends beyond one wireless access point in order to allow my users access to the Internet.   Any thoughts on the best way to achieve this?

Answer : Problem: share 3G Broadband through serveral wireless access points/routers

Assuming you dont want to run any wires to connect your secondary WAPs and depending upon your WAP and what firmware you are using you can use WDS to do this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Distribution_System

Please note, you will lose bandwidth when you use this solution, that is the main reason why I chose not to use it and ran ethernet cables to all my WAPs instead.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us