Question : Problem: iTunes - controlling order of tracks and play order

iTunes - anyone know how to get the songs in the main library, within a particular album, in the track order I want.  For example, I have an album of a particular show captured off a commercial CD, but two of the tracks could not be read by my Matshita Drive (see prior question on that issue) - so I bought the two tracks from iTunes Store - but now can't get the new tracks to go in the right order - even with album title correctly identified (which is important if want the "story" from the show to go in proper sequence).

I managed to do a workaround by creating a playlist - putting in track numbers - and sorting on track numbers.  

Is there anyway to do this WITHOUT creating a playlist - with the info "sorting function".  ... short of changing the names of the tracks by putting numbers in front of the name?

Will be capturing many, many hour of LP's, cassettes and reel-to-reel in my project, and will have the same "order" issue whenever dealing with an unofficial compilation.

Thanks for any assistance

Answer : Problem: iTunes - controlling order of tracks and play order

You have to edit the tags of the tracks in the album. Do as follows:

- Create a playlist of all the tracks from the particular album (sounds like you've already done this).
- Highlight all the tracks in the playlist and press Apple-i - you will normally be asked if you want to edit information for multiple items. Say yes.
- Under 'Track Number' on the right hand side, change the last digit ('of') to the total number of tracks. Click OK to save changes.
- Now change the first digit of 'Track Number' for each track individually so they're all numbered in the correct order.

iTunes will now know which order to play the tracks in.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us