Question : Problem: Customize mac mini "carputer" into my Z4

CPU: Apple Mac mini 2.0 (all extras) It's Dual core chip will run OSX and Vista simultaneously.
Screen: Dual displays? Pull up from top of dash? Original folding screen? Touch screen by Lilliput
Cables? Switches? Connectors? - How to's and tools needed.
Mounts, adapters, restraints ...
Peripehrials I can add - XM, Sirius, GPS, Tv (DirecTv), Traffic, Radar detector, remote operation and access Bluetooth devices, Hands free calling (iphone), Wifi (internet), aftermarket audio (recommended), rear view cameras, car function/performance/info, docks, anthing ...

Software availability (Mac or Win)

I would greatlt welcome any cool thoughts or ideas to make it even more powerful and Hi-Tech

Answer : Problem: Customize mac mini "carputer" into my Z4

Some ideas:

1. Connect with your cars OBD-II interface and display real-time data on all diagnostic information available. (RPM/Temps/Speedo/etc.) Pull error codes immediately. Never wonder what a check-engine light is for again.

2. Download traffic/weather information from internet. (use home WIFI or connect through mobile phone)

3. Interfacing with factory steering wheel buttons or equivalent.

4. Provide night vision capability with infrared cameras.

5. Wireless synchronization of files between desktop and carputer

6. Process video from car in real-time using image recognition software. Capture license plates and store in database with GPS location.

7. Using your GPS receiver, store logs of locations vs speed and time of day. This could be uploaded to a collaborative site for predicting travel times vs time of day. (very useful in areas where freeway congestion is variable)

8. Install and configure a solid state hard drive (much like an iPod) so that the CarPC is not affected by bumps and turns. Solid state = no moving parts

Also see: http://carputers.org/?q=node/94 and http://www.answers.com/topic/carputer?cat=health
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us