Question : Problem: DVI-D adapter for dual-screen mode

I recently purchased a Lenovo 3000 model J200,  Core 2 Duo E2140, 1x1GB, 160GB, DVD±RW DL, Intel GMA 950, Win XPPro SP2.
I bought this machine for a customer, who wants to use two monitors on extended desktop mode. Since the Intel GMA 950 does not support two monitor connections, I bought an adapter "Lenovo ADD2 DVI-D HDCP Monitor Connection Adapter" to enable dual screen.

So, there came of course a CD with the adapter's drivers but after trying to install it, an error message pops up telling me I don't have the requirements to install it. I then read the readme.txt file included in the CD and realized the adapter is not compatible with the Intel GMA 950.
Now, I have installed the adapter into the tower and connected the second monitor to it using DVI. The computer is now outputing the display through the addon card but does not want to recognize it as a separate hardware. On the video settings it does not display that there are two monitors detected.

I then went into the Intel GMA 950 settings to look for an extended desktop option, but the only option I see is clone mode and twin mode...

Tried using different settings for primary initiated screen in BIOS (like PCI/PEG, PEG/IGC, etc.), but no settings worked.

Now, my question is:
- Is there any way I can enable the extended desktop function on the Intel GMA 950 (installed latest drivers already), or a driver for the adapter that would be compatible with the GMA and allow for an extended desktop setting, or a tool that would enable the function I want?

- I have attached the readme file from the adapter, I hope it helps -

Answer : Problem: DVI-D adapter for dual-screen mode

I am pretty sure it will support extended desktop, as that is one of the main reasons that it has a market.  Even the ads show an extended desktop on the screens.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us