Question : Problem: How can I have one PC running 2 screens with different applications running seperately

Hi,
I've been given a task to basically connect up a PC to both its monitor and also to a Plasma screen... Now that part I can understand and do. To me it seems like I need a dual head graphics card which then points each device to a seperate input into the computer.

After that I am stuck, I was considering a virtual desktop manager but was not sure which is the best one to use for this purpose? I want to be able to have a presentation running on the big screen whilst the user works on the other, if that makes sense?

Would this be possible - and if so, how would I go about getting it done? The user uses a Dell OptiPlex 330 which presently has one on board graphics card installed... The Plasma is a Samsung with both DVI and VGA output...

If we have to get another graphics card, that is not a problem... But was not sure which one to get?

Any help/Thoughts suggestions would be appreciated.

Answer : Problem: How can I have one PC running 2 screens with different applications running seperately

When you install the 2nd Display Adapter, or Dual Head Video card, setup the second screen to 'Extend Desktop'.  This will allow you to have different images on each screen.

I believe by default it would be setup to Mirror (same image on both screens).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us