Question : Problem: Netgear FVS338 to Netgear Prosafe VPN client: Slow browsing

Hi !

I have a fvs338 with version 1.6.46 on a customers site, running a dsl with 2/2 Mbit capacity.
The clients connect to this fvs338 via Netgears VPN client, version 10.5.1 (build 8)
First of all: I cannot get netbios to work so people browse the server via \\192.168.16.2\sharename
thats ok, I can live with that.
BUT the problem is that the browsing on this server is soooo sloooow. I takes 10-15 seconds to change a directory level.
Putting up a ftp-server on the machine that people try to acces, and letting them acces the server via the vpn link proves that the connection
is of good quality, I get 1.2-1.3 Mbit download speed, and the browsing is gives instant replies.

The server (\\192.168.16.2) runs w2k server, sp4, AD, and all the latest patches.

Clients use xp and w2k. So far the VPN client is installed on 3 clients, that all show the same slow speed characteristics.

Note here that this very FVS338 serves a couple of fvs318:s and a fvl328 via vpn 3DES links with good speed.
Ping times are 80-100 ms.
I would be very grateful to get a solution to this problem with the VPN software.

Answer : Problem: Netgear FVS338 to Netgear Prosafe VPN client: Slow browsing

Apparently it is assigned on the firewall and not the client, check out this link:

http://www.clavister.com/support/kb/10075/#trouble

It's for a different router, but it's using the same VPN client, may lead you in the right direction.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us