Question : Problem: Is it possible to isolate a tape in backup exec for specific job with a tape Library

I have a tape Library with 20 slots.  I want to create a backup job and only have that job use slot 19.  This tape will always be in slot 19.  I do not want my other jobs to use this tape.  I need to know if that is possible and how I would do that.

Answer : Problem: Is it possible to isolate a tape in backup exec for specific job with a tape Library

Backup Exec does not have support for what you are requesting. A backup job relies on two factors: the device to backup to and the media pool which the backup will be stored on. You cannot configure Backup Exec to always run a particular backup to a certain slot in the robotic library.

It would perhaps be possible to designate a certain pool of tapes which will be used for this backup, and then define these a separate media set in Backup Exec. You may then be able to get success with what you intend by assigning the particular job to this new media set.

-Matt
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us