Question : Problem: Processor clocking under speed

I've recently upgraded some major items of hardware in my PC, including a new motherboard and processor.  I'm now running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ processor on an MSI K9N SLI Platinum motherboard.

The only problem I'm having is that the processor seems to be clocking a long way under speed.  It's a 3.2GHz processor, but it only appears to be clocking at 2GHz.  When I had a similar issue before, there was a frequency setting that needed tweaking in the BIOS, however the BIOS is a little different with the new motherboard and I've been unable to find anything that looks like it might be the right thing to tweak.

I upgraded another machine at the same time with identical hardware, and that machine also has this issue.  It definitely looks like something I haven't yet set, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Processor clocking under speed

I dug deeper into the MSI support pages and there is one reference to the 6400+ running on this motherboard.
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=prodcpusupport&prod_no=251&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&cat3_no=#menu
It is for the "Athlon 64 x2 6400+ (stepping F3, 125W) sample" on a revision 10 K9N SLI Platinum board running a FSB of 200        clock ratio of 16  and  BIOS 1.A
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us