Question : Problem: Installed new video card, when I connect monitor, i get "Signal Out Of Range"

I recently installed a video card into a computer here at work.  I followed the instructions to a T, but after installing the hardware and starting back up, I get the BIOS loading screen, then the Windows loading screen, then the screen goes black and the monitor displays "Signal Out of Range" .

The original video out works fine.  I tried uninstalling the drivers for it, then plugged it back into the new card, still with the same result.

Is there a setting I am missing here?  Also, when I try to install the drivers on the cd that came with the card, it says the hardware is not present.

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Installed new video card, when I connect monitor, i get "Signal Out Of Range"

I guess your video card puts out a resolution and/or refresh rate too big for your monitor. You should start your windows in VGA mode (at startup hit F8 key and then choose VGA mode) and then change resolution and refresh rate to something that suits your needs. If you change to something unsupported by your monitor again just hit the N key or restart in VGA mode and try again. You could maybe install a driver for your monitor (if you have it) so windows would detect the monitor correctly.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us