Question : Problem: Laptop Crash probably related to ATI Mobility Radeon X600

I have a Dell 810 laptop.  It periodcally crashes with a blue screen "Shutting down Windows to prevent damage to your computer... Beginning dump of physical memory."  It says quite a bit more but don't have the room here to include it.  It also provides a stop error code that leads you a screen that says "Problem caused by ATI Graphics driver... ATI does not currently have a solution for the problem you're reporting."

This is frustrating because the last date for an update to this driver is 2005, I believe.  Dell says to reinstall Windows, but this was done just about 3 months ago.  It seems to happen when I have lots of stuff loaded into memory.  I have one gig of memory on this computer. I also have and duel monitors.

There really is no other card for this laptop according to Dell.  Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.  So far, no real damage has been done but I program in SQL Server and I am afraid if this happens at the wrong time it could corrupt a database.

Any suggestions of help appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Laptop Crash probably related to ATI Mobility Radeon X600

Have you tried the latest ATI driver? You can get the laptop version's here http://www.omegadrivers.net/. This were I got driver for my D810 with the x600 until i replaced the x600 with a 6800.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us