Question : Problem: How do i reassing TS user CAL

I recently install terminal server services and terminal server licensing on a windows 2003 member server on domain running active directory. I purchased 2 sets of 5 - user TS CAL and installed as device type. Under terminal server licensing on the terminal server, there are 2 instances of Windows 2003 - terminal server per device CAL Token; one with 5 total, 5 available and 0 used and the other with 5 total, 2available and 3 used. Here is my problem, for each used CAL, there is an assigned date range and  is my understanding when that date range expired, the next time that client contact the terminal server, the server will contact the licensing server and it will reassigned a user CAL giving the client access to terminal server.  That did not happen so rebooted the terminal server and it renewed the CAL for the client in question. Can you shed some light on this issue? This is my first terminal server and there is lot of information online, but I couldnt find anything that addresses my problem directly.

Answer : Problem: How do i reassing TS user CAL

Did the 2000 server ever act as a licensing server?
If not it shouldn't cause problems, but you might want to change from automatic to manual and select the current 2003 licensing server.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us